Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Trial 8.31 & 9.1

I'm still pretty emotional over it all, but I know I need to give the results of the final custody trial. Bevin has primary custody; full decision-making. I pay $730/mo child support. I pay half his atty fees, which comes to $25k. Restricted phone calls (Sun/Tue/Thu) and visitation on 1st and 3rd weekends.

I will appeal. I won't give up. I will never give up my son. This is wrong, wrong, wrong for him and I know that in my heart of hearts as only a mother can know. I cannot do any legal work on the case right now, however. I tried last week and just fell apart. I need to focus on getting through each day in between visits with Christopher.

So much of what happened and was said still seems surreal and any shred of belief in justice I still had is entirely gone. The Courts really let him get away with it all and Bevin seems like a monster beyond belief. But now we simply must to find some way to co-parent and do so as civilly as possible for as long as necessary for Christoph. Christopher has to remain the focus and we just need to have tunnel vision as much as humanly possible. Please pray for us all.

Thank you for everyone's help, phone calls, Email, willingness to testify, donations, thoughts, prayers, etc. I appreciate it more than I can ever fully convey. It's not over, but this chapter is closed.

4 comments:

  1. What? I'm horrified. What lies did this awful person tell?
    --Mj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the lies were in the last hearing. This hearing was just a very slanted view from the CFI and random bashing of me, interestingly, this blog itself was a point of contention--saying that I am being disparaging of Bevin. Perhaps I should post a disclaimer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, but I still can't help laughing at the ridiculousness of the blog argument. It is perhaps the most ludicrous statement I've ever heard. Especially considering his behavior would indicate a complete disregard for anyone's high opinion.

    *disclaimer* That's my biased opinion and protected by the first amendment.

    Hang in there, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to try to "hang in there." It is actually harder with each passing day.

    ReplyDelete