Monday, April 6, 2009

49 hours!





So I was lucky enough this past weekend to get 49 hours as Christopher arrived around 6pm on Friday.

It was fun and, yet,
it was a little
crazy. It was fun because we spent a ton of time playing trains and Batman and talking and seeing G'Mo. It was crazy because about 4 hours on Saturday was spent at Children's Hospital.


Christopher had shown me an injury on his left foot Friday evening. It was bruised some and swollen. Saturday morning it hurt more and he freaked out at the concept of shoes or even
socks. A call to the pediatrician's office told me that I should get it checked out if I was worried and Christopher's reactions definitely worried me. So...he'd had a broken toe for 6 days unbeknownst to anyone!

Of course, Bevin just tried to make me think I was overreacting, trying to make him look bad and there was never any cause to even get the x-ray. When I called Bevin so he could meet us at the Hospital, he cursed enough on the phone that I hung up on him. Then he threw a fit and had G'Mo and Gwen removed from the treatment room (actually they volunteered to go rather than escalate the situation) because he and G'Mo had words...

Anyway, Christopher got a stabilizing "shoe" to wear to isolate the toe and that seemed to help a lot. I don't know how he's doing now, though... That's the kind of stuff that is killing me lately. I can't even follow up on making sure an injury heals ok. I get next to no information.

I evened up his last haircut a bit and was able to clip all his fingernails. Got the toenails on the right foot, but not the left. Bevin never cuts his nails. And Christopher is quite the nose-picker, so he makes his nose bleed when his nails aren't cut.
Plus, the nails hold extra germs he shoves up his nose and then get's sick. Fun, huh? Well, these are the things one thinks about when you know just how awful it is to have a sick kiddo.
Ok, I'm just rambling tonight. Time to get back to work on the case. Lots to get done. I'm in the middle of a big push, so I've gotten a bit behind on Email again. I promise to catch up soon!


2 comments:

  1. i am so happy you got to visit but goodness, how on earth could he have ignored a child with a broken toe!! i am glad You got Christopher the medical attention he needed.
    ~becca

    ReplyDelete